Saturday, March 30, 2013

Navigation!

I always underestimate the skill that it takes to navigate new websites.  I wanted to post some links on the side of my blog page, like I've seen on other people's blogs, and it took me a frustratingly long time to figure out how to do it.  I think I was successful (check it out!). 

I love visiting new websites and searching the web, but sometimes, there is so much information on one page, or one blog, that I get lost.  It's important to stay focused when looking for specific information!  If you have time to browse, then you can certainly take your time and click on every link in sight, but if you're looking for something specific, you really need to discriminate and not let yourself get distracted.  I'm talking about literacy on the web.  It's a different beast, being so interactive.  An important skill to teach students is to teach them how to discriminate and find what they are looking for.  I know I have to remind myself not to get distracted, and bring myself back to the task at hand.

Mrs. Mullen



No comments:

Post a Comment